Thursday, February 10

Landscapes

Dog

I haven't ever been someone who takes landscape photographs, but I've been thinking a lot about the landscape that I inhabit recently. The area where we live is still being developed, and is in a constant state of change. Added to this, the (mis)guided busway passes close to our flat. It's a project linking Cambridge and the surrounding towns using a dedicated route for buses, and has been stuck in project management hell for over a year. The route is finished, but no buses have ever passed along it, as far as I know. It's basically a ghost road, used by cyclists and joggers, dog walkers and commuters, but not by buses. And I love it.

Hang

Green

It's also unusual for me to shoot in colour, but I've been looking at a lot of Joel Sternfeld's work recently. He's not a photographer I've ever really paid much attention to - I know he has great skill, but I don't think I ever 'got' his images before. Now I've tried taking landscape photographs with a modern twist, I can see that he makes it look easy, when it really isn't.

block

island

Oh, and by the way - I've changed the design of my blog - I was getting quite bored of the blackness of the last layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment